Lagos Country Club founded 1949
A Second Home for the family
A model in Sports and Social harmony
A haven for you and me.
Together we shall make it greater (2ce)
All hail Lagos Country Club
Where good things happen.
Founded on 3rd August 1949 and incorporated under the Land Perpetual Succession Ordinance, CAP 107 on 30th October 1956. The original site of the Club was the hanger of the Royal Air Force by the West African Airways Corporation (WAAC) owned by Anglophone West African Countries of Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and the Gambia. Upon independence of Nigeria in October 1960 WAAC was changed to Nigeria Airways..
The Club moved from its original site to a second site sharing its boundaries with the Grange School and John Holt Supermarket at the Air Traffic Section Wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport. The Club however moved to its present site covering over 5 acres on 18th May 1963 and has since achieved modest developments in infrastructure, personnel, members and status since then.
The first Chairman of the Club was Mr. R. Simpson (a Briton) while the first Nigerian was a Medical Doctor Dr. Williams. As at 1951, the membership strength of the Club was a modest range of between 75 and 100. This rose to about 500 in 1963. The Club has grown from the initial section of Snooker/Billiards and a Main Bar + Darts to 10 different Sections.
The Club is governed by a “Constitution & Rules and Regulations”. The first Constitution was revised in 1954. Subsequently Constitutions were also made in 1984 and further revised in 1997. THE LEGAL OWNERS OF THE Club are formed into a Board of Trustees comprising 5 distinguished gentlemen.
Lagos Country Club has over the years grown to be regarded as one of the Top Social, Recreational and Sporting Clubs in Nigeria with over 2000 active members, having membership that cuts across nationalities, tribes and multi-cultures.
Lagos Country Club is the premier Family Club in Nigeria.
The Club is governed by a "Constitution and Rules & Regulations".
The first Constitution was revised in 1954. Subsequent Constitutions were also made in 1984 and further revised in 1997 and 2008 respectively.
The Laws governing the Club are to be found in the booklet, Constitution and Rules & Regulation 2008.
August 3rd 1949:
The founding of Lagos Country Club, Ikeja
May 18th 1963:
Relocation of LCC to its present site
Title deeds of LCC issued and granted to LCC Trustees
Founding of the Main Bar & Snooker, Billiards Section, Darts, Lawn Tennis
Founding of Badminton Section, Table Tennis
Founding of the Table Tennis Section
Founding of the Squash Section
Introduction of Car Stickers to the Club
Founding of Swimming Section in March
Founding of the Scrabble Section June
Opening of the Main Entrance Building
Founding of the Taekwondo Section
Renaming of Taekwondo Section to Taekwondo/ Aerobics Section
Founding of Indoor Games Section